Adopt-A-Classroom.org is a non-profit organization that connects donors with K-12 teachers in U.S. public, private and charter school classrooms. Donations are tax-deductible and 100% of donations are passed along to the teacher. The Adventure to Fitness Teacher Library and the School Subscriptions are approved for Adopt-A-Classroom funding!
Teachers, here's how it works:
- Register: Teachers can register their classrooms for adoption at:
- Reach out: After registering, teachers are provided access to outreach materials to promote their classroom donation page. Use the material to reach out to donors. Donors can search for a classroom to adopt by teacher, school location, school name, poverty level, or school type.
- Use Funds: 100% of funds raised go directly to you (teachers). Use funds to purchase a Teacher Library Subscription at $99.99 per classroom for 12 months or a School Subscription at $499.99 for all teachers in school for 12 months.
* Adventure to Fitness processes Adopt-a-Classroom orders within 24 hours of receipt Monday – Friday or 72 hours on Saturday and Sunday. The teacher is notified via email that the paid subscription has been activated and paid for by Adopt-A-Classroom.
Parents, PTO, PTA, and Private Businesses; here's how to donate:
- Visit Adopt-A-Classroom.org. Click on GIVE
- Search for your teacher, school or location.
- Donate, and help a classroom!
- Receive updates on the impact of your donation.
DonorsChoose.org lets you share your classroom needs with a thriving community eager to help. Supporters have brought teachers' ideas to life in more than half of all U.S. public schools.
How it works
- Choose the exact items you need and describe how they'll benefit your students.
- People, companies, and foundations can help fund your request.
- Once funded, Donors Choose sends the resources directly to your classroom.
- Get Started! http://www.donorschoose.org/teachers
- Click here for Tips on setting up your campaign http://adventuretofitness.com/DonorsChoose-Campaign-Tips
Want to make a difference in a classroom?
How does it work?
DonorsChoose.org is an online charity that makes it easy for anyone to help students in need. Public school teachers from every corner of America post classroom project requests on the site, and you can give any amount to the project that most inspires you.
When a project reaches its funding goal, Donors Choose ships the materials to the school. You'll get photos of the project taking place, a letter from the teacher, and insight into how every dollar was spent. Give over $50 and you'll also receive hand-written thank-yous from the students.
Find a Classroom to support! http://www.donorschoose.org/donors/search.html
PTA/PTO organizations are instrumental in bringing additional resources to teachers and schools. We've created a customized letter to help you reach out to your school's PTA/PTO. Overview flyer and letter can be easily printed, forwarded, or embedded for you convenience.
Email & Share
Reaching out to principals and district administrators is key in gaining school funding for Adventure to Fitness. To help teachers reach out to their principals and district administrators, we have created a descriptive flyer and request letter describing Adventure to Fitness and its place within the schools.
Email & Share
Parents can often be a source of support for teachers. Likewise, many private businesses and foundations strive to make their local communities and schools a better place. Hospitals, private physicians, medical clinics, and other local business owners can be a source of sponsorship dollars for teachers trying to fund Adventure to Fitness.
To help you reach out to parents and community organizations for assistance funding Adventure to Fitness, we've created an overview flyer and parent / sponsorship request letters than can be easily printed, forwarded, or embedded.
Email & Share